Thursday 6 June 2013

Of writing and chatting.


I have decided to do a prequel to my books before the first one is released. I know, not how it really is done, but it makes sense when you look at it through my eyes. So the first book in the whole series is going to be called The Sensual Revolution. It will contain a selection of hot and steamy stories about a number of the character that will have entire books of their own. It is meant to be the introduction to the whole series the concept and the writer. A taster if you like, that I will be releasing free of charge as soon as possible. I have been reading back through what I have done so far and re-read this appalling Author's Note.  I have no idea whatsoever what was i my mind when I wrote this, but I thought I would share it with you just for kicks! Enjoy, 

Kayler xxx


Like many English people I have been secretly fascinated with sex since I was a teenager. I used to imagine a subterranean kingdom, populated by only males, called Boy’s World. Unsuspecting people like me would be kidnapped and forced to perform unspecified acts of sexual depravity with any of the inhabitants of boy’s world for as long as they wanted them. They would then be mind wiped (okay I admit I am a bit geeky as well, they do say to watch out for the quiet ones!) and returned to their grief stricken families.


The sexual acts were unspecified because my relatively innocent mind had absolutely no idea what sexual depravity was! In fact I did not have my first proper orgasm until I was about 25! I am 40 now and have been making up for lost time ever since.


When I used to have the fantasies, young as I was, I would get a warm feeling inside and a kind of tingling between my legs. I was so innocent, a bit like Rose who you will be meeting later, that I didn't have any idea of anything sexually other than basic missionary position sex that was often painful and certainly never satisfying.


I remember telling one of my siblings, upon returning home, pregnant at the end of my marriage at 24 about this lack of orgasm to get the flabbergasted reply... what not even by yourself???


A couple of years later, with my eldest about 2 I met a man and had a bit of a fling. It lasted for about a year and what that man taught me, rocked my world.


Since then I have explored sex in a huge number of ways, been a swinger, tried all kinds of stunningly kinky things, watched stuff on television, read books... oh and practiced masturbation to perfection with the help of my little rabbit (girls, you know what I mean - if you don’t, got to lovehoney.com and buy yourself one, you will be glad you did. If you are not sure how to use one, keep reading, Rose wasn't sure either until she met Lisa.)


In amongst my passion for passion was a deep and abiding girly love of romance, especially Mills and Boons, Harlequin and similar. I was really chuffed when they started to release books that broke from the norm as the norm was getting completely depressing. We started to see red hot romances, historical ones, medical and intrigue and even supernatural, all of which I lapped up with glee!


The norm that so horrified me was that whole, slim pretty woman meets millionaire, they argue a lot and eventually admit they are in love and live happily ever after. I mean I got that it was about fantasy, but what is fantasy worth if there is no basis in reality, no chance for normal people to experience this earth shattering passion. It started to breed discontent; I mean there are not a whole lot of young handsome millionaires to go round right?



Historical romance became my light reading of choice, but even there  I have always been astounded by the amount of nobility that were having illicit love affairs, particularly in London in the Victorian times. There are so many historical romances that London must have been shoulder to shoulder with nobility and it’s a wonder how any normal people were able to fit into London during this time to do the everyday things,(nonessential clearly in comparison to the grand passions of the rich) like providing food and other day to day services!


Still I digress, but only to show you how I gradually arrived at the concept of The Sexual Revolution. I spend a lot of time confined to bed with illness and whilst there came up with the idea for the first novel in the series Rose. Rose uses sexual fantasy to escape the imprisonment of being stuck in bed after a car accident leaves her very injured and without the ability to walk.


I was gobsmacked at how easy the words seemed to come. I could see in my head what Rose looked like and her sexual exploits flowed from my brain to the computer with relative ease. As we went along though, all kinds of other people began appearing, like her supposedly lesbian lover, Lisa. People she meets at parties and on holiday, all over the place in fact and it quickly dawned on me, that all over my imaginary world, normal people were having crazy great sex and it was amazing!


Many of the programmes that I have been watching claim that British men and women are sexually repressed compared to the rest of the world. I have no idea if this is true or not. I do think that everybody can unlock their inner sexuality if they want to.


So while the series of books called The Sexual Revolution talk about the sexual revolution of these fictional characters, here is hoping that if there is sexual repression anyway in anyone, maybe joining The Sexual Revolution will show others the path to the sexual experiences I describe!


The Revolution is coming... and so are we, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment